Kawartha Lakes Real Estate Association (CREA)
The Association was formed in 1958 and was known as the Lindsay-Haliburton Real Estate Board. It was incorporated in 1972 and in 1977 members in Victoria and Haliburton Counties separated to establish two boards. The Victoria County members changed the name to the Lindsay and District Real Estate Board.
The mandate of the provincial government to amalgamate small townships of a county into a single tier government saw the formation of the new City of Kawartha Lakes in January 2001.
With the county name change and the need to better define our real estate association’s areas of business, the Lindsay & District Real Estate Board changed its name to Kawartha Lakes Real Estate Association.
Members are actively involved in a variety of community projects through the association’s sponsorship and other local organizations as they promote the wonderful lifestyle that the Kawartha Lakes area affords them.